Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Work in Progress

They say I come from God. That is, We All Do, but I'm sent for a purpose. What that purpose might be, well, that's anybody's guess. We tell stories of God's son, and it's sort of like that, except I wasn't born of a virgin, or a woman for that matter. They say I just fell from the sky, 'matured' as it were. I can't remember-- can't remember really anything before the war. Often I feel just like a child, ignorant of this world's ways. This world, made of steel, paper money, bright lights, fires inside homes, motor vehicles, gas-burning energy, delusion, greed, guilt, gluttony, excess, separation and isolation, but mostly destruction-- the broken dream of a society known as America. We once fought for the freedoms we were taught to believe in, if only not for those among Us so afraid of change they'd sacrifice themselves, and everything We ever loved and protected, to go against nature...

No comments:

Post a Comment