Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Beginning

Well I'm on the road finally currently in boerne, tx at cascade caverns. The only unexpected trouble I've had thus far is not being able to figure out how to embed photos here for y'all. It seems my external brain can't do everything! Regardless these first ~30 miles have been quite pleasant! I saw Texas highway wildflowers,a small horse and a giant cow, fields, backcountry roads and interstate highway ten. I gave countless people peace signs and received a number of waves, strange looks, incomprehensible yells and one seemingly friendly honk. One fella' asked if I was headed to California, another offered me a beer, and others seemed frightened of me. All in all though my vision has been received well so far deep in the heart of Texas! I was even given a Fredricksburg peach. Water has been very generously granted to me everywhere I've asked, and I'm hoping things will continue this way.

It's still been tough though as expected. It's hot, my feet are killing me and I'll need to stop to get moleskin for my blisters in the morning. My pack is too heavily weighted down by material things and food, my back hurts and there's always no end to things I'd like to complain about. But We need to perpetually focus on the on the good to remind ourselves to constantly expect the best. Only in hard times can We learn to improve and that's why I'm out here. This couldn't be possible without y'all. Thanks for joining me in this adventure!

Peace & Love; We live as We dream --together.

4 comments:

  1. hey, since it with your phone you may not be able to embed straight from there you might want to try imageshack.us and copy the url onto here the html image tag just in case is <*img url="PUT URL HERE"*> minus the asterisks.

    peace and love rick, you know where to reach us if you need anything!

    always,
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is a long day for you. Why not break it up into two twenty mile hikes, instead of 40? That's what the French couple with the cute cat did (about 20 miles per day. Watch. http://babyeinsteinsuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/06/beginning.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x43dtx_episode-1-turnoftheworld_travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. beorne is juliannes hometown. pretty isn't it. have fun man, but be safe. see you here shortly

    ReplyDelete